Saturday, June 07, 2008

Out on the Line

As I sit here, numbly piecing my heart back together, I realize that I have a newfound appreciation for the lessons I have learned both this year and in the past. I've always held honesty in high regards. I know how important it is to be clean and straight forward, and although the truth hurts, it hurts a lot less if it was expressed from the start rather than being unveiled after a long period of misconceptions.

I was lied to countless times in many different ways and by many different people this year. So, although I did not realize it until it was too late, I was constantly taken advantage of. In order to realize the fallacy of a statement, you must first figure out the other side of it, and by doing so you are uncovering the truth. So yes, "the truth comes out sooner or later", but really, the sooner it comes out, the less of a prick you would look.

Not to mention it would definitely alleviate an immense amount of pain for the individual receiving the full blast of the hurtful truth.

It takes an idiot to chase an idiot. Don't do it. With the gas prices escalating at such a rapid pace these days, you need to invest your time and energy wisely; don't use up all your fuel. Soon you'll be running on empty and realizing how little everything is really worth when you're the only one actually trying. Take a second to stop and think, is it really worth paying the high price of losing your dignity, just to be let down in the end?